Sunday, August 2, 2026

Ballard 1.05

What's Done in the Dark

Driscoll makes a delivery to a group of guys in a motel room. He uses the bathroom before he leaves. There is a man tied up and gagged in the bathtub. Driscoll doesn't do anything to help the man.

Martina goes on another date with Manny. Driscoll continues to push Manny to get something of value from Martina. Hastings continues to pressure Ballard to produce results on the Pearlman case.

Ballard and Laffont try to trace Driscoll's whereabout five years earlier. They talk to a DEA agent with whom Driscoll worked back then. Ballard finds a hole in Driscoll's alibi. Ballard and Parker track down someone who might be the daughter of the killer. Parker convinces her to provide a sample of her DNA for comparison's sake. 

Ballard and Parker share a meal. Parker tells Ballard about what Olivas did to her, exactly what he tried to do to Ballard. Colleen and Ted track down records on a van that no longer exists, was junked years before. It leads them to a storage unit. 

Thoughts

I thought that Manny was a detective. He isn't. I'm not sure why he is helping Driscoll. I assume that Driscoll must have something on him. Why else would he be helping Driscoll. I assumed that Manny was a crooked cop but I'm starting to think that he's just in over his head and might not still be alive at the end of the season. He did say something about wanting to make detective. Maybe he thinks that Driscoll can help with that.

Everyone gets a moment to shine. Some of the writing is less than brilliant but I think that the performances and the way that the story is rolling out are quite impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment