Monday, August 17, 2026

Tales from the Crypt 2.02

The Switch

starring William Hickey, Rick Rossovich, Kelly Preston
written by Michael Taav, Richard Tuggle
directed by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Carlton Webster (William Hickey), a rich, elderly man is in love with Linda (Kelly Preston), a much younger woman. He pays millions of dollars to change first his face, then his torso, then the rest of his body in the hopes of impressing her.

Thoughts

This isn't bad. I like the ending but as short as this episode is it felt like it could have been shorter or that they should have filled it with something more interesting than just the operations.

Notes

This is the only episode of this show in which William Hickey appeared. He has been in a few movies I have seen. Most recently I saw him in A New Leaf (1971). He appeared in one episode of The Phil Silvers Show, 3.14 Bilko F.O.B. Detroit.

Rick Rossovich played the part of Lars, the man whose body parts were changed out with those of Carlton Webster. This is the only episode of this show in which he appeared. He has been in a few movies I have seen but none that I have watched recently. 

This is the only episode of this show in which Kelly Preston appeared. I have seen a few movies in which she appeared but none in recent years.

Roy Brocksmith played the part of the doctor who remakes Carlton's body. This is the second of three episodes of this show in which Brocksmith appeared. The first was 1.01 The Man Who Was Death. He also appeared in episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. 

Ian Abercrombie played the part of Fulton, Carlton's butler. This is the only episode of this show in which he appeared. I know him best for playing the part of Mr. Pitt, Elaine's boss in several episodes of Seinfeld. I have also seen him in episodes of Moonlighting (3.10 Poltergeist III - DiPesto Nothing) and NewsRadio (4.09 The Secret of Management).

This is the only episode of this show for which Michael Taav and Richard Tuggle wrote the screenplay. It is based on a story of the same name from the Tales from the Crypt 45 (Jan 1955) by Carl Wessler and Jack Davis. 

This is the first of two directing credits for Arnold Schwarzenegger. He makes a brief cameo appearance in the intro to the episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment