starring Ben Burtt, Elissa Knight, Jeff Garlin
directed by Andrew Stanton
98 minutes
Trash compactor robot WALL-E (Ben Burtt), one of the last remaining creatures on Earth, lives a lonely existence until EVE (Elissa Knight), another robot arrives. Eve searches for signs of life. EVE ceases shuts down after finding a small plant. WALL-E tags along with EVE on the ship that comes to retrieve her and winds up on the spaceship Axiom.
The Axiom's captain (Jeff Garlin) gets very excited when he learns about that EVE's mission was successful. It means that they know where to find Earth which has been devastated by pollution. The ship's computer has other ideas. WALL-E and EVE work together to stay one step ahead of the ship's computer and help the captain get the Axiom back to Earth.
I think my favorite character wasn't WALL-E or EVE but the robot that goes around cleaning things up.
It took a little while for it to get going but this movie was a lot of fun and got me a bit emotional, even though I knew that there was no way they were going to kill off any of the main characters. I had not seen it before. I'm glad that I got to see it on the big screen. I could nitpick the story if I wanted to but I don't feel like doing that. This is upper tier in the pantheon of Pixar films and animated films.

No comments:
Post a Comment