Saturday, August 22, 2026

Ballard 1.08

Last Call

Olivas gets his hand on Driscoll's phone after Bosch's man placed it in Driscoll's home and before it was entered in as evidence. 

The cold case team works on identifying the unknown numbers from Driscoll's phone. They are able to nail down four of them as belonging to police officers. There are still a few left. One of them belongs to Manny. Martina makes the connection when she sees a text from Olivas number on Manny's phone. She immediately gets away from him and tells Ballard.

They set a trap for Manny. They catch him and get him to confess. They turn over what they've found to Captain Berchem. It doesn't make him happy but he accepts it and agrees that they will move on Olivas and the others ASAP.

Laffont finds the missing baby from the first episode. It has been five years but he is almost certain that they've found him.

Ballard finds a new angle for the Pearlman case but then a weird twist in the evidence leaves her and Parker wondering what exactly it is that Ballard found.

The episode ends with Olivas getting arrested.

Thoughts

This was a very tense episode. I was expecting more shoes to drop or at the very least something bad to happen to the cold case team. 

I'm not sure but something makes me wonder if Ballard's boyfriend is one of the two unidentified numbers on Driscoll's phone. I think that one of the other unidentified numbers is for someone high up in the LAPD or maybe the DEA. Maybe it belongs to that DEA agent that Ballard and Laffont talked to a few episodes back.

I wonder if someone is going to get to Manny, kill him or convince him to change his story.

On the whole this was a very good episode. I do have to wonder how it is that they quickly identified the owners of so many of the burner phones. That seemed convenient.

I'm eager to see how this season wraps in the last two episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment